Background

Monday, January 30, 2012

Brunch: Bacon and Egg Cupcakes

So a friend of mine posted this YouTube video last month on Facebook, and I totally wanted to try it.
But I needed to be home with enough time to make these.
Enter a snowy Saturday with no plans.  I made 4 of these in my muffin tins.  I estimated 1.5 pieces of bacon per cup, and used Penzey's Sunny Paris herb blend and Kraft Shredded Double Cheddar Cheese.


As we all know, the internet has a habit of making things look easier than they really are.  Here are my eggs coming out of the oven:
I know, right?  They look like the video and everything!  I buttered the muffin tins before putting them in the oven, so I wondered what would happen when I went to get the eggs out.  Here they are on my plate with a whole lot of hash browns:
J says clean up took some work, but they lifted out remarkably well.  We liked them, but neither of us is fond of fried eggs.  Both of us are scrambled people.  The yolk was heavy for us.  The first time I went to take them out, the whole top of the cup swayed, so I pushed them back in.  I cooked the yolks fully for us.
Next time, I'm thinking of very lightly scrambling the egg in a 1 cup measure before pouring in.  I'm also thinking fresh chives and sharp, old cheddar would be even better too.
Mmmmm...another weekend brunch.  Yum.

1 comment:

  1. ohhhhh my these look so yummy. I love a soft messy yoke so I am drooling over here. Must try soon :)
    michele

    ReplyDelete