Background

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Meal Planning, January 15-21

We try really hard to plan to eat at home.  It's one of my ongoing resolutions.  J and I both like to eat (surprise, surprise), and we're not afraid to eat out.  But right now, frankly, it's a bit of a strain on the pocketbook.  I aim to cook and eat at home 5 nights per week.  Some weeks are more successful than others.  I would say 7 nights per week, but that doesn't happen. 
J's mom didn't cook on weekends.  My mom cooked every night.  While I like the concept of not cooking weekends, this is when there's more time for me to explore and experiment...as well as mire myself in experiments that I don't have time for normally.  So, J and I sit down every weekend, and talk about what we'd like to eat, what nights I won't be home or will be home late and so on.  It works for us. 
Here's what this week looks like:  I have guitar Wednesday, and won't be home until 7.  I'm out for a work dinner on Thursday.  So, we need S, M, T, W, and F.  Wednesday being leftovers.  Saturday's negotiable.

Sunday:  Tortellini Soup, rolls, butter and cheese (leftovers for lunch this week)
Monday: Steak Stirfry over rice (leftovers for lunch this week)
Tuesday: Baked Ham, Scalloped Potatoes and whatever vegetable is on sale this week
Wednesday: Leftovers from Tuesday
Thursday: J orders pizza.  I get banquet food
Friday:  Spaghetti and garlic bread...and wine!!!
Saturday:  ??

That sounds good.  Pictures and recipes to follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment