Background

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Planning: December 2-6, 2012 (Or, How I'm trying to get my groove back)

Bleh.
That's how I'm feeling right now.  The weather is frightful (Today it's 12 C and rainy, last Friday there was snow) and there's tons of mud, I'm leaving for work and coming home in the dark, I would like to be baking and planning for Christmas, but there isn't time for that.
As a result, we eat out a lot because I don't want to think about cooking or I sit down on the couch and become a pile of sloth.  While I'm not saying that this is going to change this week, I'm hopeful.  It's the beginning of the month, and I have a couple of things in the works for the Pintertest Kitchen.  I bought more candy cane ice cream and am planning a new Looneyspoons dessert for later in the week.  Things I'm planning are simple, and frankly go with the weather. 
I hope I can be as excited as I am about trying things right now.

Here's the plan:
Sunday:  Bacon Quiche and salad.  It's a pat-in-the-pan crust.  I suck at making pastry.  Hopeful this works.
Monday:   Leftover quiche.  J is having leftover meatloaf from the weekend for lunch, so he shouldn't be too bitter about the lack of traditional protein in dinner.

Tuesday:  Steak Stirfry.  When I don't know what to make, I buy a bag of prewashed and chopped stirfry veggies, and I bought a small piece of steak on clearance to trim and slice.  This makes a nice, simple, throw together fast dinner.
Wednesday:  Crockpot Chicken Parmesan and garlic bread.  I have a meeting I'm dreading Wednesday night.  The phrase, "they don't pay me enough to do this" keeps ringing in my head.  I'm hoping that my mood will improve vastly at the end of the meeting.  J has suggested that I come home and have early dinner with him beforehand.  if nothing else, it will get me out of the building so I don't obsess.
Thursday:  Leftover chicken parm.
Friday:  I don't really know, other than I want to make banana chocolate chip pecan bread pudding.  Maybe we'll just eat that.

I have about 5 things on my camera that I haven't blogged.  I'm going to schedule some posts today for the next bit.  We have been eating things made on the mountain.  I just haven't been sharing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of your weather - we have had highs in the 60s for weeks - though I'm sure if it were reversed, I'd be jealous too!

    This time of year is hard. I hate the lack of light and all I want to do is sleep more, but that's not how life works anymore. The schedule clicks along sunshine be damned.

    Hang in there and eat yummy food. ;)

    ReplyDelete