Background

Monday, January 7, 2013

Addictive: Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes

So.
Sunday of the weekend where we made things with what was in the house, I made these.  In the process, I finished the yeast, the Frank's Buffalo Sauce, and the shredded cheese in my fridge.  Perhaps I should have these kinds of weekends more often, where J and I spend time together, eat our meals at home and leave the car in the garage.  Living intentionally is HARD.
But getting back to this recipe, I pinned this not that long ago.  J and I both love Buffalo chicken, and these looked intriguing.  They reminded me when I made them of pinwheel rolls I make with bacon, green onions and cheese.  Those are good too...and I haven't made them in a while.  How can you go wrong with bacon?  or Buffalo chicken?  Knowing that this is a recipe that uses pantry staples (for this house), it wasn't too hard to make these for dinner with carrot and celery sticks and ranch dip.
I present to you now Doughmesstic's Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes:


Ingredients
1 recipe basic pizza dough (I make my dough in the bread machine with the recipe from the manual for 1 pizza)
1 lb cooked, shredded chicken breast
1 Tbsp butter
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c Buffalo wing sauce (such as Frank's)
2 c shredded cheese (I used old cheddar)

Method
1.  Melt butter and saute onion and garlic until soft.  Add chicken and sauce.  Remove from heat.
2.  Divide the pizza dough into 2 pieces.  Roll each piece into a rectangle about 1/4" thick.  Spread each half with chicken mixture.  Sprinkle evenly with cheese.  Starting with one long edge, roll up, pinching to seal the seam.
3.  Cut each roll into 8 pieces and put, cut side down, into well greased muffin tins.  Bake at 400 F for 15-18 mins, until cheese is melted and the bread is golden.
Adapted from Doughmesstic

I didn't have enough Frank's for a full half cup, but I oven poach my chicken, so I added the juices from the pan to make up the difference.  I also used a small dice for the onion.  I wanted it to be easy to roll.







This smelled so good.  When I added the cheese, I realized that all I was really doing was putting buffalo dip in rolls.  How could that be bad?









I greased the pans well, and they went straight into the oven.  I wondered what would happen if I made these as two sets of eight rolls in round pans.  That might be something to try in the future.  They'd be nice pull apart rolls too.







But they were so good.  J said they'd be nice for a party.  I'm good with them anytime.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try this. We do love the Buffalo chicken.

    ReplyDelete