Background

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Got Milk 2: Flourless Peanutbutter Chocolate Chunk Cookies

So.
There's no question I like to bake.  I was updating the index today and discovered how much cake I seem to make.  I also make a lot of cupcakes.  But cookies, not so much anymore.  My mother always had a full cookie jar.  I'm not exactly sure why I don't.  But whatever the reason, I don't often make cookies all that often.
When I saw these in the March 2005 issue of Everyday Food, I thought they sounded a lot like the recipe on the peanut butter jar.  I have made those cookies without success in the past, so I'm not sure what exactly I was expecting.  But, I had lots of peanuts and a package of good chocolate chunks, so they were worth a shot.
J would tell you that these are great with a glass of milk while watching the news.  I would tell you the texture is such that you don't miss the flour.  I don't know if these qualify as gluten free, but with quality ingredients comes a quality product.
From the March 2005 issue of Everyday Food, I present to you now Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies:


Ingredients:
1 c creamy peanut butter
3/4 c white sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 chocolate chunks
1/2 c roasted peanuts

Method:
1.  Preheat oven to 350F.
2.  In a bowl, stir together the first 5 ingredients before adding chocolate chunks and peanuts.
3.  Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.  The recipe makes about 24 cookies.  Bake until cookies are golden and puffed, about 12 minutes.  Cool on sheets 5-10 minutes before transferring to racks to cool completely.
From Everyday Food, March 2005

Like I said.  Quality ingredients.  President's Choice Decadent Chocolate Chunks and Ontario peanuts from Picard's peanuts.  I got 2 gift baskets this year of Picard's stuff.  We're going to be eating a lot of peanuts.  Yum.
 What I liked about this recipe was that everything went together quickly.  Recipes that have a ton of steps and use every piece of equipment that you have in the cupboard can be fun, but they're not for all the time.  Cookies are for all the time.
The original recipe said to roll the dough between your palms, but it's a really sticky dough.  I dropped it on the cookie sheet, and I saw no difference in the final product.
But don't they look good?  They tasted as good as they look.


No comments:

Post a Comment