Background

Friday, July 12, 2013

Ridiculously Simple: Ranch Chicken Foil Packets

So.
I made these a while ago.  I found the pictures on my camera today, and I can't figure out why I didn't post this.  I don't remember how long ago I made these, and the pictures are just in front of the stuffed potato pictures.  I don't know.  I know my mom was here...perhaps it doesn't really matter.  But the important thing is I made these, they were easy, and J says I can make them again.
I pinned these one night while poking about on Pinterest.  The concept is simple and well familiar to all of us who have been camping.  I liked not adding the freeze-dried gravy.  Ranch is tasty.  I also decided to skip the bacon, despite the fact that these would be really good with the addition of a chopped slice of bacon per package.  We divided the Stove Top three ways, but you could split it four.  I'm pretty sure J would be wondering where the rest of his was.
So what have we learned here?  I have no clue when I made these, but I know they're good.  Bacon makes everything better.  Right.
I present to you now Best Life 4 Moms Ranch Chicken Foil Packets:


Ingredients:
1 box Chicken-flavour stuffing mix
1-1/4 c warm water
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
4 c broccoli florets
1 c shredded old cheddar cheese
4 Tbsp ranch dressing

Method:
1.  Preheat oven to 400F.  Tear 4 sheets of foil, large enough to fold around the chicken, stuffing and vegetables.  Grease lightly. 
2.  Mix water with stuffing mix.  Spoon 1/4 of the stuffing into the centre of each sheet of foil.  Top with chicken and broccoli.
3.  Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with ranch dressing.  Fold each piece of foil up to create a sealed package, leaving space for circulation inside.
4.  Bake for 30-40 minutes.  Let stand before opening to serve.
From Best Life 4 Moms

I used frozen broccoli with no ill results.  We always have a large bag of broccoli in the freezer from Costco.  It's perfect for this sort of thing.  I wish I had more counter space for this kind of assembly line.
Here we are with added cheese and dressing.  I can see the bacon on top, can't you?
But here is the finished product.  The chicken was very tender, and everything was cooked.  I'd call this a win.  Always to have something good and simple we can make for dinner.  Pinterest rides again!

No comments:

Post a Comment