This isn't really a post about food in a regular sense. I'm not posting about what I've cooked, but what's been going on on the mountain the past couple of days. We had family here yesterday and friends today for a couple of pool parties to get together and hang out with people we don't see often enough.
J and I provided burgers and hot dogs, ice cream cones and juice. Our guests brought the rest.
What did we learn?
- Chocolate milk is the most popular drink for the under 10 set.
- Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff whipped together is probably the best fruit dip ever.
- Quinoa is good, no matter how you spell it.
- Hot tub lids make great buffet tables
- One person's over-bounty from the garden is another person's veggie tray on day 2.
- Having a working sink in your kitchen 2 minutes before your guests arrive can make you want to sing. So can doing dishes in said sink instead of schlepping everything to your laundry sink in the basement.
- Telling my mother about how my cousin and I broke my aunt and uncle's TV by dropping it 30 years ago was probably a story that was best saved for now.
- It pays to know a Purdy.
- Spending time with extended family is something that needs to happen.
- Spending time with friends is priceless.