Background

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Planning: March 8-14, 2014

So.
It's March Break.  A time for rest, relaxation, wearing flip flops and cooking.  Perhaps that's just around here, but I'm so excited.  I'm looking forward to sleeping in as long as the cat will let me (which should be a little longer with the time change...she's been climbing all over J and myself early recently) and spending some time trying some new recipes that I don't really have time for when work is crashing down around my ears.
Being home every day also means that I need to have some lunch plans.  I'm being a little more ambitious than usual this week.  I've also come to the conclusion that I have too many things in my freezer, so I'm going to hopefully use up some of the leftovers that I've frozen for future use.  I went to make something that needed to sit in the freezer, relatively flat, partway through.  The rearranging to get the baking tray in was frustrating.  Hopefully if I use up a few things that will be better.  And I'll know exactly what's in the freezer.
But that's neither here nor there.  There will still be lots of good things to eat.  I've already got some things in the fridge to defrost as well.  I'm planning on one day out - J and I need to go to Buffalo and do a little shopping.  We've decided we want to go to the Anchor Bar for wings, somewhere neither of us has ever gone.  We'll probably have supper in the States as well.  Beyond that, I think we'll be at home.  Here are the plans for meals on the mountain this week:
Breakfast:
  • Steel Cut Oats.  I have the time to play and see whether or not I like them.  I've also decided to buy a couple of grapefruit.  J doesn't like them, and I never make time for them.  I will this week.
  • I may bake a batch of muffins this week.  I have lots pinned on Pinterest.  We'll see.
Lunch:
  • Classic Tomato Soup from EDF and Grilled Cheese
  • Leftover soup, crackers and cheese
  • Pizza kit  - I bought some of the Little Caesar's kits through a school fundraiser this year, and they make an easy lunch or dinner.
  • Drip Beef on a roll, chips and pickles
Dinner:
  • Lasagna, salad, garlic bread and Mocha Tartufo - We're having friends in for dinner on Saturday and I'm making parts of the Weekend Menu from the March 2006 EDF
  • Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets, roasted asparagus and rice pilaf
  • Salisbury Steak with Carmelized Onion Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli
  • Chicken Fajita Salad
  • Chicken Pot Pie
I think that sounds like a good week.  I'd also like to make the Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars.  They sound divine.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment