Background

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bride of Magazine Challenge: May Planning

So.
When I first looked through this issue, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to come up with 6 things to try.  The in season recipes were for radishes.  It's not that I have anything against radishes per se, I just don't think that tea sandwiches are something that I'm planning to make here on the mountain anytime soon.
When I went through the second time, however, I had 7 things that sounded good, and one of those was the Spring Brunch menu.  There's a whole article of strawberry desserts, but it's early here for strawberries; even in a year where the growing season isn't so late in showing its face.  As a result, I didn't pick any strawberry things to make.  We'll wait until the berries are here and good.  Then we'll talk about strawberry desserts.
Here's what I think sounds good this month:
  • Breakfast Taco
  • Coffee Cake Muffins
  • Thai-Style Steak Salad
  • Chicken Stuffed with Cheese, Tomato and Basil
  • Pasta Salad with Broccoli and Peanuts
  • Ginger-Grapefruit Spritzer
  • Spring Brunch Menu:  Canadian Bacon Strata, Oven Roasted Home Fries, Tomatoes in Basil Vinaigrette, and Pecan-Shortbread Bars
There's a bit of variety, and some new dinner salads.  Should be a great month.

No comments:

Post a Comment