Background

Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year, New Goals: 2015 on the Horizon!

So.
Last year, my resolutions here weren't just about the blog, but also some personal ones.  I did pretty well with my blog resolutions, but not so much the rest.  This year, we're keeping things just about the blog and what we're up to around these parts.
When I look at my posting patterns, I post the most when I'm on vacation (obviously), when I take part in an event (because I have to), and when mentally I'm in a good place.  October, November and December weren't great, and it shows in the amount I post and try new things.
I have so enjoyed the Magazine Challenge the past couple of years.  I've tried a ton of new things, most of which have worked, and have found a few things that we'll be eating again.  There's no way we wouldn't continue with the next year of magazines.  I need to set up a chart on the Magazine Challenge page to keep track of what I'm thinking of making.
Meal planning continued in earnest this year, and I'd like to keep up with that.  I find as well posting our dinner menus here keep us on track, and keep me buying only what I need at the store.  J and I work together to some degree on what we want to eat.  But ultimately, I make most of the decisions.  The good thing is, as my number one taste tester, he's willing to try pretty much anything.  That's not going to change anytime soon.
Here's what goals I'm setting for the blog for this year:

  1. Post 3 days per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday).  I make enough new things that I can queue posts for times when life's busy.  I just have to do it.  I know I don't have time for everyday, but three times a week should be doable.
  2. 6 recipes per issue of Everyday Food, 2007.  I got closer to this mark in the past year, and actually had a couple of months where I made 6 recipes.  I don't think it's ever going to be a case where I make them all, but it's a goal.  I've already got everything to make my first recipe from Jan/Feb 2007.
  3. Eat at home.  J and I continue to work on this.  Meal planning is the way to do it.  Continue to post meal plans on Sunday.
  4. Continue to reach into the blogger community.  I've enjoyed the year I've spent with the Secret Recipe Club, and with the #10DaysofTailgate event I participated in this past fall.  I'd like to do more of this and connect with other foodies in the coming year.
I think that's enough.  Here's to the possibilities of 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment