Background

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Son of Magazine Challenge: October

Wow.
It's almost the end of October.
J and I have had a busy fall.  Between football and work I'm not spending as much time cooking as I might like.  We've been eating a lot of simple meals that go together quickly.  The good news is that we've been eating at home during the week, seeing as we're so often out on weekends right now.
Despite this, I did sit down with the October 2007 issue of Everyday Food at the beginning of the month and made a list of things to make.  Surprisingly, there is a lot of dessert on the list.  I haven't had a list like that in a bit.  But, when I've been choosing so many entrees for the last little bit, perhaps it's best that there's some dessert to even it out.
Here's what I thought looked good from the issue:

  • Sweet Potato Souffle
  • Apple Crisp
  • Warm Almond-Cherry Cake
  • Chocolate Pudding Cake
  • Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Only 5, but they all look doable.  And if not, they all look yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment